It's that time again. As January rolls around, it's typically a time for goal setting and new year's resolutions. But, while we're all for setting intentions, goals and healthy habits, we're bidding farewell to restrictive new year's resolutions.
Instead, we're here to encourage you to embrace realistic goals and resolutions that won't leave you feeling miserable.
So what, you put on a few extra pounds this Christmas? There's no need to start the year eating 1,200 calories a day.
Or maybe you're beating yourself up because you resembled a real-life sloth for the past two weeks? Even so, there's no need to kill yourself in the gym.
Instead of restriction and beating yourself up, we're encouraging you to reframe resolutions for 2022 and beyond.
Tips for setting healthy new year resolutions:
- Focus on who you want to become, not what you want to achieve.
- Establish your why – motivation is temporary; having a purpose makes things easier to stick to on the days your motivation is MIA.
- Focus on progression, not perfection and don't beat yourself on off days.
- Try habit stacking; this is the process of adding a new habit to existing habits to help you make it stick.
- Find an accountability buddy – teamwork makes the dream work!