While the festive season is typically a time to come together and celebrate, it can also leave many of us feeling anxious and overwhelmed.
In the words of Brené Brown: "daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others."
This Christmas, give yourself the gift of feeling empowered and at peace!
Five ways to protect your peace this Christmas:
- Schedule in alone time if you're someone who needs to isolate to recharge.
- Take some time to get outside and enjoy nature – it's also a perfect excuse to get away from people.
- Set boundaries and stick to them – remember, boundaries will only save your sanity if you stick to them!
- Don't be afraid to say no if you don't want to do something – there's no need to feel guilty for managing the extra demands on your time and energy over Christmas.
- Invest in earplugs and an eye mask if you're hosting the masses. Note, it is totally acceptable to wear these 24/7 if needed.